Friday 1 August 2014

The Big Old First Post

I have been meaning to start this Blog for some time, so here it goes. This being the middle of the summer months I figure why not start with a few pieces from the jungle.

A while back I was asked by a publisher to do some interior illustrations for a pulp style book called Jungle Tales featuring Ki-Gor of the Jungle. I did twelve ink drawings for the book and offered to do the cover.  I had worked up some rough preliminary sketches for them, however they had already assigned the cover to another artist. I still did the painting anyway, because why not right, it was fun.


Here's the rough sketch and the colour rough.

And then the finished painting. An attempt at the type of picture you would have found on the news stands during the pulp glory days of the 1940s.

No comments:

Post a Comment